The Carers Lewisham Young Carers Service supports children and young people who are aged between 8-18 years old who look after parent(s), sibling(s) or other relatives who is disabled, ill, has mental ill health or a drug or alcohol problem.
We partner with local agencies, schools and other specialist support services so we can identify and support young carers and their families from any background in our local community.
We provide friendly and accessible service which includes:
- Schools Support with targeted schools
- Monthly Saturday clubs (Term-time only)
- Holiday clubs
- Signposting to targeted support service
Download a list of service available for Young Carers and families.
Fore more information about clubs and activities visit to the What’s on page
For more information contact the young carers team by telephone on 020 8699 8686 or email email@example.com.
Know your Rights…
As a young carer or a young adult carer you have a right to be supported and to get the help you need. You have these rights whether you look after someone every day or from time to time, or if you do a lot of or a little caring. You shouldn’t be doing a caring role that:
- Makes you feel worried, sad or lonely.
- Makes your health worse.
- Means that you miss out on time with friends.
- Means you do worse at school, college or university.
- Stops you getting a job or keeping a job.
- Stops you wanting to achieve your goals for the future.
(except taken from Carers Trust’s Know your Right: Support for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers in England document)