The Carers Lewisham Young Carers Service supports children and young people aged between 8-18 years old who look after parent(s), sibling(s) or other relatives who are disabled, ill, has mental ill health or a drug or alcohol problem.
We partner with local agencies, schools and other specialist support services so we can identify and support young carers and their families from any background in our local community.
We provide a friendly and accessible service which includes:
- Holiday clubs
- Signposting to targeted support service
Know your rights
As a young carer or a young adult carer you have a right to be supported and to get the help you need. You have these rights whether you look after someone every day or from time to time, or if you do a lot of or a little caring. You shouldn’t be doing a caring role that:
- Makes you feel worried, sad or lonely
- Makes your health worse
- Means that you miss out on time with friends
- Means you do worse at school, college or university
- Stops you getting a job or keeping a job
- Stops you wanting to achieve your goals for the future