Position: Volunteer Young Carer’s Activity Worker.
Hours: A minimum of 10 hours per month during term time. Hours will increase during school half terms and summer breaks.
Reporting to: Young Carers Service Manager and/or Lead Young Carers Activity Worker.
Main purpose of the role: To support the running of term time and/or holiday activity days, clubs and residentials which gives young carers, aged 5 to 16 years old, respite and social development opportunities. Monthly Saturdays clubs and day outings are usually 09:00 to 18:00.
- To assist Lead Young Carers Activity Support Worker in the smooth running of clubs, groups and activities
- To help prepare the venue or activity including equipment, and food and refreshments as required
- To tidy up at the end of each session/activity
- To liaise with the Lead Young Carers Activity Support Worker to be aware of any medical needs including allergies as required
- To liaise with the Lead Young Carers Activity Support Worker to know specific duties for the session
- Build positive relationships with Young Carers by listening to, encouraging and supporting them to participate
- Report any issues or concerns in regards to individual Young Carers promptly to the Lead Young Carers Activity Support Worker
- To assist the transport provided for Young Carers
- To carry out general administrative duties e.g. session write-ups, filling out attendance sheets as required
- Attend relevant training sessions as required
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and appropriate references being taken.
You will have experience working with children and young people aged 5-16 from a variety of different backgrounds and with differing needs. You will have a sound knowledge of child protection and excellent interpersonal skills. An understanding of the needs and issues relating to Young Carers is desirable, but not essential. If you are short-listed, you will be contacted and invited for an interview.
All Carers Lewisham post-holders are responsible for: Working to the policies and procedures of Carers Lewisham. Promoting equal opportunities and respecting diversity within all aspects of their work. Complying with Health and Safety regulations.
If you are interested in applying for this post please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org