Carers Lewisham has been supporting unpaid carers in Lewisham for 24 years. Carers Lewisham understands the challenges carers face and the support that is available to them.
Our well equipped Hub in Forest Hill provides a meeting place for carers so they can share experiences and feel less isolated and alone. It also provides a venue for activities for young carers. The Hub offers a place for other local providers supporting vulnerable families to work together to provide whole family, holistic support.
We offer support to young carers from 5 upwards, caring for a parent or other relative. We draw on our extensive local knowledge and experienceto support young carers from diverse communities. We offer:
- 1:1 support and advice to young cares and can advocate on their behalf
- Holiday Club activities to young carers a break from caring and chance to experience new things and have fun with their peers.
- Term time drop in sessions so young carers always have somewhere to turn to when their caring role threatens to overwhelm them
- We work with schools, GPs, social prescribers, social workers to raise identification and awareness of young carers, particular hidden young carers.
- Workshops on particular topics relating to caring or how to maintain their education alongide caring
- Mentoring for young carers at key life stages so they have an objective adult to talk to outside the family.
To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our advisors will get back to you.