From 25 May 2018 the law is changing to give better data protection for everyone. This means that Carers Lewisham has an obligation to process data in line with new legislation:
- Data must be processed lawfully in a clear, fair and transparent manner
- Data must only be collected for the purpose of supporting you and it must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to support you
- Data must be accurate, up-to-date and only retained for as long as necessary,
- Data must be processed securely during all stages and destroyed safely.
You have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, including:
- The right to be informed about your data and to have access to your data
- The right to have your data rectified or deleted
- The right to restrict or object to the processing of data, automated decision making or profiling.
This means we now need to have your written consent to hold data about you and the person for whom you care (the Cared For Person or CFP):
- If you are happy to continue to receive information, advice and support from Carers Lewisham, you and your Cared For Person must complete and agree to consent form.
- If you do not return the form, we will need to remove you from our database and you will need to register again if you wish to use our services in the future.
- We will never share your information with anyone outside of Carers Lewisham unless we are required by law.
- You can remove consent at any time by writing to us.
- You can ask to see a copy of your record at any time by writing to us.