Carers Support Officer (Dementia)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holiday: 25 days per annum increasing with length of service up to 30 days per annum, plus designated bank holidays.
Pension: 5% employer contribution (3% Employee Contribution) – (Under review)
Reporting to: Adult Services Manager
Main purpose of the job:
Carers Lewisham is working in partnership with Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind, SLaM and Sydenham Garden to form the Lewisham Dementia Support Hub (the hub) to deliver an integrated service to people suffering from Dementia and their Carers.
This role is to be responsible for the delivery of a highly-effective information, advice and support service to Dementia Carers which will help prevent or delay their need for more intensive intervention, enabling them to continue caring whilst leading independent lives. The postholder will also contribute towards monitoring and evaluation of the service and the achievement of organizational and hub aims and objectives by maintaining accurate records and providing timely and accurate management information.
- Deliver a comprehensive, high-quality information and advice service specifically tailored to Dementia Carers which meets current, emerging and future needs and is compliant with contractual obligations.
- Assess needs of individual Carers and agree and manage an Individual Action Plan as necessary with each Carer in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Facilitate, organise and deliver practical, therapeutic and emotional support to Carers which will help prevent or delay the need for more intensive intervention, enabling them to continue caring whilst leading independent lives.
- Working with colleagues both internally and across the hub partner organisations to support, facilitate, organise and deliver as necessary local, community-based groups and social events which help reduce social isolation and encourage peer support.
- Compile and maintain records, systems and filing in relation to Carers, ensuring all policies and procedures are rigorously adhered to and that records are maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act as well as all current legislation, standards and best practice.
- Working with colleagues across the hub partnership, carry out outreach work within community settings to promote awareness of Carers and their needs amongst professionals, Carers and the public at large.
- Liaise, work, and create effective relationships with hub partners and other voluntary, statutory and private agencies and services as necessary in order to help identify Carers, develop the service, avoid duplication, and meet the needs of Carers.
- Contribute towards the monitoring and evaluation of the service including the preparation of an annual monitoring schedule which complies with contractual obligations and best practice as well as the provision of timely, accurate reports, information, data and statistics to the Hub Manager, Chief Executive, board and stakeholders as required and as directed.
- Ensure own knowledge and understanding of all internal policies and procedures as well as all relevant, external strategies, policies and legislation.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a marketing and communications strategy for the service and ensure all social, digital and print media are fully up to date with relevant, factual and accurate information and advice.
- Contribute towards organisational fundraising as necessary and as directed, particularly relating to adult services.
All Carers Lewisham post-holders are responsible for:
Working to the policies and procedures of Carers Lewisham.
Promoting equal opportunities and respecting diversity within all aspects of their work.
Complying with Health and Safety regulations.
Carrying out additional duties where appropriate which may be allocated from time to time by the Chief Executive.