Reporting to: Executive Assistant
Hours: 3- to 4-hour shifts Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Main purpose of the role:
- To answer phones and connect calls to the relevant member of staff or take messages where appropriate.
- To greet all visitors, ensure they sign in, establish the purpose of their visit and proceed accordingly.
- To assist with admin and data tasks as required, doing so in a professional and discreet manner.
- To assist with coffee mornings, support groups and other events held at Carers Lewisham when necessary
- To make all visitors to Carers Lewisham feel welcome and all callers to the centre feel sufficiently attended to.
- To liaise with staff as necessary regarding any messages, updates or information relevant to them is passed on.
- To attend any relevant training sessions as required.
All Carers Lewisham post-holders are responsible for:
Working to the policies and procedures of Carers Lewisham.
Promoting equal opportunities and respecting diversity within all aspects of their work.
Complying with Health and Safety regulations, including safeguarding and child protection.
Carrying out other duties where appropriate which may be allocated from time to time by the Chief Executive or Executive Assistant.
You will be a ‘people person’ who is comfortable communicating with others from many walks of life with a range of needs. You will be computer literate and organised. You will be understanding and patient to the requirements of others and have the compassion to deal with situations tactfully. An understanding of the role of unpaid Carers is an advantage but not essential.
Travel costs to and from Carers Lewisham centre will be reimbursed.