Carers can access free support, designed to meet their individual needs and delivered in their local area. This may include:
- 1-to-1 support and advice with a Employment Personal Advisor
- Group activities and training workshops
- Support with writing CVs and interview techniques
- Help with job-searching, volunteering and training opportunities.
We also support unpaid carers through a variety of workshops, which take into considering the needs of those registered in our project this has included the following areas:
- Confidence Building
- Health and Well-Being
- Financial advice and benefits
- CV Building and Job Searching
- Interview Techniques
- Application Forms
- IT Support and training
- Carers rights in employment
Working for Carers in conjunction with Carers Trust has also created a series of Factsheets aimed to help carers looking to get back into work and in work.
The factsheets cover:
- Balancing Work and Caring.
- Carers’ Rights at Work.
- Choosing the Right Job.
- CVs and Covering Letters.
- Flexible Working.
- Getting Online.
- Interview Tips.
- Job Searching.
- Online Job Searching.
- IT Skills for Employment.