What is Working for Carers?
Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment. The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by 24 partners across London. Working for Carers is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.
Carers can access free support, designed to meet their individual needs and delivered in their local area. This may include:
- 1-to-1 support and advice with a Employment Personal Advisor
- Group activities and training workshops
- Support with writing CVs and interview techniques
- Help with job-searching, volunteering and training opportunities
What are the aims of Working for Carers?
Our aims are:
- Support carers to pursue their employment goals through confidence building and skills development.
- Offer a flexible service for individual needs and ambitions.
- Engage with local businesses and organisations to create employment, training and volunteering opportunities for carers.
- Highlight the benefits of employing carers and understanding the needs of carers in the workplace.
- Unpaid carer or former carer
- Aged 25 and over
- Living in London
- Not in any paid work
Regular support for carers in Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, City, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark:
Join the Smart App club to receive the support you need while applying for jobs.
Tel: 020 8699 8686
Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Enfield, Hammersmith & Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Hillingdon or Hounslow:
Tel: 020 8868 5224 Ext 218
Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest:
Tel: 020 8514 6251
Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton, Wandsworth or Westminster:
Tel: 020 7428 8950