Hours: Up to 35 hours per week. Part time and flexible attendance arrangements are welcome
Reporting to: Adult Services Manager
Main purpose of the job:
To assist the Adult Services Manager and Carers Support Officers in the delivery of a highly-effective, multi-channel information, advice and short-term support service to Carers within Lewisham which will help prevent or delay their need for more intensive intervention, enabling them to continue caring whilst leading independent lives. The postholder will also contribute towards monitoring and evaluation of the service and the achievement of organisational aims and objectives by maintaining accurate records and providing timely and accurate management information.
- Support the delivery of a comprehensive, high-quality information and advice service for Carers which meets current, emerging and future needs and is compliant with any and all contractual obligations, including provision of general and tailored information packs.
- Provide administrative and practical support to the Adult Services Manager and Carers Support Officers as directed and in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and any and all contractual obligations.
- Assist colleagues to provide short-term practical and emotional support to Carers which will help prevent or delay the need for more intensive intervention and enable them to continue caring whilst leading independent lives.
- Support, facilitate, organise and deliver as necessary and as directed local, community-based groups and social events which help reduce social isolation and encourage peer support.
- Maintain records, systems and filing in relation to Carers, ensuring all policies and procedures are rigorously adhered to and that records are maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act as well as all current legislation, standards and best practice.
- Assist colleagues to carry out outreach work within community settings which promotes awareness of Carers and their needs amongst Carers and the public at large.
- Support colleagues to liaise, work, and create effective relationships with other voluntary, statutory and private agencies and services as necessary in order to help identify Carers, develop the service, avoid duplication, and meet the needs of Carers.
- Working with colleagues, support the development and delivery of high-quality therapeutic, emotional, practical and specialist support services for Carers which meet current, emerging and future needs and are compliant with any and all contractual obligations.
- Contribute towards the monitoring and evaluation of the service as required and as directed.
- Ensure own knowledge and understanding of all internal policies and procedures as well as all relevant, external strategies, policies and legislation.
- Support the Marketing & Communications Officer and other colleagues to ensure all social, digital and print media relating to Adult Services are fully up-to-date, relevant, factual and accurate.
- Contribute towards organisational fundraising as necessary and as directed, particularly relating to adult services.